Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Whatcha Watchin?

So, what is everyone excited about in terms of Winter TV?



I know I can't wait for the return of Glee!!! It really has become the only show I feel I just can't miss watching. There is something about the combination of the characters, the story telling and the music that I just hate to miss each week.



The return of V has also sparked my interest. I watched the first season and have to say that I was a bit disappointed in it. Usually, unless a new show grabs me by the throat within the first 4 episodes, I let it fall to the wayside. I stuck through V for the entire first season and at the end of it I still wasn't exactly sure I would be back. The second season is off to a bang and has totally made up with me in regards to the season one pitfalls. I am most excited that Jane Badler who played Diana in the original miniseries is now appearing on the show. You can't ask for a better 80's bitch than that! I mean, Joan Collins never ate a Guinea pig!

I also have what I call my "Staple Shows"; Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, and Brother's & Sisters. These are shows that if I miss an episode or 2 I'll live. I enjoy them, but because of their "Soapy" nature, you can miss a few and still be up to date. I could miss 5 episodes of Brothers & Sisters and be just fine. It has been in danger of falling off my schedule for quite some time now if it weren't for Sally Field it would have been gone a long time ago.

As for my comedies, I only have 2. I am enamored with Modern Family and Cougar Town. Lot's of people didn't give Cougar Town a chance. I encourage those folks to give it another chance. It has evolved into an ensemble comedy that is completely different than it's meager beginnings.

My most eagerly awaited premiere of the winter season is, of course...


Now, I hate reality shows. I hate competition shows, but I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! You can have your Top Model, your Top Chef, your "Top" anything. All I need is my RuPaul. I am amazed by this show and now it's "sister" show RuPaul's Drag U. There is nothing more humanizing than taking a bunch of men who enjoy dressing up like women and throwing them into a competition to become the world's next Drag Superstar. It's got everything, drama, tears, and most of all Fabulosity! The competitions are fun (a Scarlet O'Hara themed, make an ensemble out of curtains) and I get goosebumps every week when I hear RuPaul utter the words, "And now...it's time...to...lipsynch for your LIFE!"

That in a nutshell is my TV life. Pretty darn good for a guy who doesn't own a TV set or have cable installed in his house.

1 comment:

  1. "Glee" and "Criminal Minds" are my absolute favorites. "The Biggest Loser" as far as reality tv goes, I enjoy but am not sure if I will continue watching once Jillian leaves. I love Bob Harper but cannot imagine the show without Jill! "Brothers and Sisters" has me barely hanging on too...but I love Sally Field and will keep watching for her!

    ReplyDelete