Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!


Cards, presents, cake...bring em on! Just so you know, I prefer cards with money in them. My cake of choice is yellow cake with white icing, and presents should be within the $40-$100 range.

With that out of the way I would also like to announce that I am using the occasion of my birthday to officially launch this blog endeavor.  It's my present to myself. Lots of people like to use their birthdays as a time to reflect on the past year, to beat themselves up about what they haven't accomplished or applaud themselves for what they have. I am choosing to use this day to start something anew. Something that I hope I will still be doing next year this time and for many years to come.

I'm not fooling myself into thinking that my blog will change the world. In fact, I'm don't think my blog will change anything...except perhaps myself. I have always believed that change is good, no matter what the change. So if one person reads what I have posted here and is affected by it, for the good or the bad, I will consider it a worthwhile undertaking...even if that one person is me.

So, enjoy and please feel free to comment (I LOVE IT!) Many thanks to Kim, I know she doesn't like to hear this, but she has been my inspiration for this and for that I am truly grateful, no matter how much we disagree on things. Kisses darling.

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY DAY AFTER YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!

    (glad to see your blogging!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked your card! I had a great time doing it actually.
    No, we don't agree on much but I guess that is not the base for our friendship! Though I'm not sure what is.....LOL!
    Hope you had a good time out last night!

    ReplyDelete