Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hawaii in My House

The Hubby is a miracle-worker where plants are concerned. I've never had the patience for gardening or growing anything. Heck, I couldn't even grow mint and that's technically a weed! So, a few years ago, I don't know what possessed me to bring plant clippings back from one of my business trips to Hawaii…but I did! 

This summer one of the plants did very well outside, producing all kinds of blooms and growing to a respectable 4ft height. It's "Brother" wasn't doing so well. He only made it to about 18 inches tall and we were resigned to the fact that we may never see blooms from him. He proved us wrong!


The Hubby moved the plant into the bedroom in order to winter it over, hoping to give it a chance to show us it's stuff next summer. Well who knew that our bedroom mimics the tropics of Hawaii? Once in the bedroom it thrived and just the other day produced it's first blooms. Poor thing must have no idea it's sitting in Maryland. I imagine that's going to be a rude awakening for the plant.


So, thanks to The Hubby we have a little bit of Hawaii in our bedroom. It's a good thing too, I know I'll never be traveling back to the actual location. It's just not worth the travel time…if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment