Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tis The Season

The new season of TV that is! All of my returning shows that I love are back. I watched Castle last night and loved it! Modern Family comes back this week and I'm still waiting for Happy Endings, Grey's, Private Practice and Fringe. Of course, Glee is back!

Oy! Dodge Ball…always turned into Smear The Queer for me!
I enjoyed the first episode of season 3. Sue Sylvester is back to her mean self and Blaine is now a student at McKinley High. Who could ask for anything more? I'm sure I could ask for a lot…but I'll wait for a few more episodes before I get Glitchy (Glee Bitchy, that is)

So, let's talk about the new shows that I am excited about this year. First up is Ringer starring the spectacular Sarah Michelle Geller. It's about time she returned to TV.

Twins, as only she can play them!
I'm really enjoying this show so far. It's only got 2 episodes under it's belt, but I'm hooked. This is truly turning out to be the first strictly suspense drama I have seen in a long time. I can't wait to see how they peel back the layers of this onion to reveal what is really going on at it's stinky, tear inducing core. SMG herself has matured into quite a fine young actress.

Because I fly so much and miss the days when flying was glamorous as opposed to what it's become today, I can't wait for the premiere of Pan Am.

I so would have wanted to be them back in the day.
Not only do I LOVE Christina Ricci, but the idea that getting on a plane was something people wanted to do at one point in time intrigues me. I've also watched some footage of real Pan Am stewardesses critiquing the show and if all they can find wrong is that the girls hair is too long (it had to be above the jaw line) then I think this is sure to be a hit.

This one has me a little concerned. I'm all for reboots…but these folks are screwing with my impressionable childhood here.

Farah, Jaclyn and Kate they are not!
I used to have to beg my mother to allow me to stay up past 9pm in order to watch the original Charlie's Angels. Thankfully, I will be downloading this version to watch, so I won't have to fight with my mother about it. After 2 horrible movies, I think this concept deserves a chance at a reboot. I'll be anxious to see what they do with it, but I won't be sticking around past 4 episodes if it sucks.

Lastly, and I'm sure I've forgotten some…not that I have a lot of room in my viewing schedule is Terra Nova.

I loves me some Sci-Fi TV
How could I not love this show. It's produced by Steven Spielberg, shot on location in Australia, and involves dinosaurs! Unfortunately, I think all of those points will figure largely in it's demise. Sci-Fi has never done well on network television. (Hello? V!!!) I mean that is why we have a cable network devoted to it…right? So out of all my picks for new viewing, I think this one has the least chance of making it to a second season…or maybe even completely through it's first!

Once the others premiere, I'll let you know what I think of them. Right now, I'm going to re-watch Glee. What are your plans for new viewing this fall? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment