Saturday, September 10, 2011

Flava Flave

Once again, it's time to highlight one of my favorite things. This one is newly discovered thanks to The German Host Mom.


She was asking for bouillon, so off I went to the store. I've never been a fan of bouillon. I find it very salty and rarely does it taste like the flavor that it's supposed to.

In the soup section I found these Swanson Flavor Boost packets. They were on sale, so I had to try them. OMG, they are spectacular! It's a liquid, so you don't have to wait for it to dissolve. They have considerably less sale than bouillon cubes AND they taste like what they're supposed to taste like.

She liked using the vegetable flavor on salads and those spectacular green beans she made. I used some of the beef flavor when making my Mushroom and Swiss gravy. NUMMY!

The only product I have ever found that are better than these is…


They are spectacular. However, they can be difficult to find and are a little on the expensive side. Not to mention the fact that once you open them you have to store them in the refridgerator. I don't know about you, but I don't have the space in my fridge to have something in there just sitting around waiting for the odd moment I might need to use it.

The individual packets of the Swanson Flavor Boost can sit in your pantry forever waiting to be used. Then you use a packet and pitch the empty in the trash. HEAVEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment