Thursday, June 28, 2012

Every Now and Then...

...I just like to say it. I'M RIGHT! Ok, there are those who would say that I like to say it a lot. That may very well be true, or at least it may seem that way. Most of the time when I know I'm wrong, I just keep my mouth shut.

People (friends, coworkers, family) have been poo pooing me for weeks ever since I decided to remove processed sugar and processed flour from my diet. "Well that's just crazy!", they say. Well, thanks to a recent study and the New York Times, it turns our I'm not so crazy after all. Something I knew all along.

Check out this article from them regarding how all calories are not created equal. I found it fascinating and pretty much right in line with my way of thinking. I love it when main stream news sources agree with me!

Yep. you read it here!

In a nutshell, for those who don't feel like reading the entire article, they put 3 different groups of people on 3 different diets, yet all the diets consisted of  the same amount of calories consumed. One group was on the strict Atkin's Diet, another on the "Low Fat" diet that has been shoved down our throats for years, and the 3rd group on a low glycemic diet that cut out overly processed foods. The results? The 3rd group burned more of their calories and maintained that burn much more so than either of the other 2 groups. That, my friends, is why I have been able to shed almost 20 pounds in 2 months without doing a lick of exercise. Most importantly, I did it even while I was lying in a hospital bed. It's not hard!

Not trying to be preachy, just saying, "I'm RIGHT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment