Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Summer Without Candles

I've always felt that burning candles in the summertime was counter productive to keeping the house cool. I know, how much heat could a candle put off? But how much heat could a bunch of candles put off? Enough, I think!

I have been looking for a candleless alternative and finally found it at Pier 1. These are cute little paper lantern lights that are LED and remote controlled. They take 3 AAA batteries each and the batteries last a good long time. I've gotten about a week out of a set.

Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE a remote!

Now, not only does the remote let you turn the lights on and off, it also lets you set their on time for 2 or 4 hours. Pretty cool, something I didn't know and the documentation doesn't even mention is that it also remembers what time you turned the light on and turns it back on at that time each day. Totally cool feature that they should say something about somewhere. I thought I was going crazy with the lights coming on without me turning them on.

Here are some photos of the gorgeous result.

The Drag Queen Lamp

I love how they light up the wall

And light up the table

And light up the bar

The lantern that started my lantern fetish

So there you have it, a great way to light up a lantern without creating a lot of heat. I also picked up an assortment of small round mirrors which I placed in the bottom of the lanterns to help reflect the light. They really made a difference it how bright the light is. Head on over to Pier 1 if you have any lanterns to light.

No comments:

Post a Comment