Tuesday, April 17, 2012

One More Canada Post: Rogue

While in Vancouver, I ventured out with my coworkers to a wonderful eatery call The Rogue Kitchen + Wet Bar. I can be such a hermit when I'm on the road for such a long time, but I am really glad I took them up on their invitation that night.

Not to be confused with Rogue Brewery in San Fran. Very different.!

It's a charming space located in what was once a terminal of some kind. I'm not sure if it was a railway or seaport terminal. I suppose it could have been both. 

I want one of those chandeliers in my house!

Much like I have with the church, they took a very classic space and updated it with a bunch of very modern touches. I am in awe. Makes me wonder what I could have done to my house with a few hundred grand more (investors???) 

Now, the reason we wound up here is because I was searching for the best Poutine in Canada. For those of you who don't know what Poutine is...they take very crisp french fries, crumble cheese curd over them and then smother them in hot brown gravy. I know...HEAVEN ON EARTH!!!

Rouge was the closest place to our hotel and I think they came up #2. So off we went. They serve an appetizer called French Fries x3, which we ordered for the table You get fries done in the Poutine style, as well as, a set with gorgonzola cream and bacon, and then ones coated in truffle oil with garlic. Amazing!

As if I hadn't had enough Poutine at that point, I had another order brought with my dinner. Here they are with my Grilled Bacon and Three Cheese sandwich. 

Yes, I only got half a sandwich!

Of course, that wasn't enough for me. I also ordered the Tomato Basil Bisque which I dipped the sandwich in YUMMY!

Cheesy, tomato goodness!

So, after eating all of that rich food I was miserable for the rest of the evening, but it was SOOOOOO worth it!

NOTE: You may remember from a previous post that Poutine bears a striking resemblance to the Boo Fries that you find in New Orleans. The only real difference is that in New Orleans they use shredded cheddar cheese instead of cheese curd. Both are delicious in their own way.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge Loverboy fan and since they are from Vancouver have always wanted to visit..but that's never happened :(

    I would love to try these fry things...and I though I was the only one who liked bacon on their grilled cheese!!! And tomato soup - YUM!!

    ReplyDelete