Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What I LOVE About Canada: The Olympic Cauldron


Ok, Ok, I don't want to sound all down on Canada. There were some pretty cool parts to the trip as well. The Convention Center is located right next to the plaza where the 2010 Olympic Cauldron is on display.


Here is it early one morning. I just love it, one of the best Olympic Cauldron designs ever! I wish they made a miniature version as an oil lamp (Anyone know where I can find one?). Now the only thing that could have been better than just seeing it is seeing it lit. Ta Da!


Yes, they lit it just for me. Seriously tho, I found out that it costs 10K to light this thing for 3 hours. I wasn't ponying up that kind of cash...even if it was in Canadian currency. Thankfully, I didn't have to. They held some sort of fundraiser on the plaza that day and someone else paid to light it. AND the only better than seeing the cauldron lit...seeing it lit which Stormtroopers posing in front of it!!!


I don't know why they were there, but their costumes were aamazing. They even had electronics that changed their voices to sound like Stormtroopers. Star Wars and the Olympic Cauldron...great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment