Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Heaven...

...Is a Filled Ice Bucket

Lots of people ask me, "How can you travel so much and still enjoy it?" Sure, being in new cities is fun. There are different eating establishments. There are aways new sights to see. But for me, it's the little things.

Things like:

- Maid service - There is nothing like coming back to my hotel room after a long day at work to kind it immaculately cleaned. Even better? I didn't have to do the cleaning. I want a maid at home!!!

- Toiletries - They are always full. I never have to worry that I'm going to runout of lotion when I am on the road.

- TV - I don't have one at home, everything I watch is either streamed from the internet or downloaded and watched on my computer. When I'm on the road, it's live! I don't have to wait a day to discuss my TV viewing with Tod. Of course, I also have to deal with commercials if it's live, so it is a double edged sword.

- Turn down service - Separate from the maid service, I can't tell how much it's the little things. A chocolate on the pillow, the sheets folded back or as is the case at this hotel...A FULL ICE BUCKET! Not having to roam the hallways for ice to put in my cocktail is one of the greatest pleasures of my job. Lots of people don't like being near the ice machine because of the noise. I ask when I check in to most hotels if I can have a room near the ice machine! Here at The Omni in Indianapolis the turn down service fills it for me so it's the best of both worlds. No ice machine noise, but always fresh ice.

Thank heavens for the maid!

2 comments:

  1. I love staying in hotels..part of the fun of traveling, which I also love and wish I did more of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I just returned from my first business trip in many years, I can say that I missed my husband, cats, pillows and tp. It was enjoyable, but I was ready to come home.

    ReplyDelete