Friday, December 30, 2011

Deep Inside...

…I'm just a 6 year old kid on a bright sunny day with a large magnifying glass in my hand. Be it ants, Legos, or my Star Wars action figures…I loved blowing things up as a child. Once while filming an explosion for my student film, I used a little too much gasoline and upon striking the match next found myself flat on my back staring up at the sky watching plumes of smoke and flame rise above. Luckily the camera didn't fall over so there didn't need to be a retake. But, the resulting shockwave brought my mother running out of the house wondering why all her windows just rattled.

To my delight, there is now "an App for that". Action Movie FX, lets me blow up whatever I want without the need for gasoline and matches. It also means I don't have to wait for my eyebrows to grow back! So, I took aim at Christmas…


Take that you evil little trees! Muah Ha Ha Ha Ha <evil hand wringing>

It's pretty fun. The app come with 2 free effects, the missiles above and one that drops a rolling mini-van into the scene. I haven't played too much with that one yet, you need to be outside and it's too cold for that! You can also purchase other FX "in App" which will let you play with tornadoes, machine guns and mortar shells. Every 6 year olds dream!

I could do this all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment