Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to the Beach

Hello! Well I have one post regarding the beach vacation left. I have been told that I can't call it a beach vacation, since we never actually made it down to the beach. (Well except for Tod, but I don't think he wants that story related here)

Here is the #2 Reason I love the beach…THE FOOD!  Mixx is one of our favorite restaurants in Rehoboth and we made it there our final evening. Mixx, used to be Dish, a restaurant I loved simply because it had Beef Stroganoff on it's menu. You don't see that enough anymore. Don't worry, some day I will post my magnificent Beef Stroganoff recipe here.


Mixx is famous for it's Martinu Menu. I have a picture of it, but I promised not to post it here. you'll have to  stop by my house to sample it for yourself. The other thing Mixx is famous for is that on Wednesday nights, their Martinis are half price and their burgers are $8.  Now, I've never been one to pass up a baragin…or a cocktail. So our final night in Rehoboth was spent having dinner at Mixx. Sorry…I don't have pictures of the burgers.


We each ordered a Martini. I got the Abigail which is a mixture of sweet tea vodka, lemonade and strawberry puree. I don't remember what Scott and Tod ordered. (I'm sure they'll remind me in the comments)

The Abigail Full
The Abigail Empty
Yeah, I think I had 3 of them…ok, maybe 2 and then 2 Expesso Martinis. Here is a picture of the delicious chocolate martini that Tod ordered.


Beatutiful! So much so that you wouldn't want to drink it. Certainly not a problem for any one of us. I loved the fact that the entire drink isn't brown. It uses whipped cream vodka which is clear and then the chocolate sauce. Fantastic presentation.

So that's it for the beach posts. I know…I should have been far more diligent in photographing and posting items from there. But it's vacation, and no one wants to work on vacation. I'll try to do better next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment